Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Onward, atheist soldier

I finally left a school that had caused me grief almost since I first started working there. My troubles began early on with persecutions of epic proportions that left me incredulous and feeling as though I were in a bad dream. Some of this was brought on by colleagues with a competitive and spiteful nature, and some by keeping company with a vocal and violent individual who became my first friend in China before I realized what such a friendship would entail. And, yet more of the trouble came from having superiors who were in way over their heads and had to act like the authority figures they felt they were supposed to be though if they had taken a less self-centered approach they could have made the world a better place for all of the people on the payroll.

Now, I'm looking for a new job or two. I want, ideally, to teach a light university schedule during the day, and do online teaching in my pajamas with a cup of tea in hand at night. More as things develop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home